Laskeek Bay Conservation Society (LBCS) is hosting 2 six-week internships during the 2013 field season. Interns will be based at our field research camp on East Limestone Island, located just north of the Gwaii Haanas boundary in Haida Gwaii.
– Field biology data collection and data management.
– Identification of a wide variety of seabirds, shorebirds, cavity nesting birds, songbirds, marine mammals and coastal plants.
– Low impact, environmentally sensitive research methods on a variety of marine and terrestrial ecology projects.
– Delivery of environmental education programs to local school groups.
– Living and working in a remote coastal field biology camp, sharing the duties of day-to-day tasks.
– Field camp logistics and trouble-shooting of an environmental non-profit organization.